April 22, 2009

Five Dollar Dinners

My friend, Heather, over at www.littlemissknowitall.com has introduced me to Erin at Five Dollar Dinners.com. Erin has some GREAT ideas for some wholesome, filling dinners on the cheap!!! Read below and please check out both of them at their sites....

How much do you spend on dinner each night? Do you feel like you’re doing well if you keep it under $10?
Let me introduce you to Erin, owner of 5dollardinners.com. Erin decided last year to see if she could make dinner every night for under $5–and now has a successful website sharing her recipes and tricks! You may have seen her on Rachel Ray today sharing her tips.
I’ve found her to be an invaluable resource for my Dieting on a Dime series. We’ve been challenged to eat healthy for only $10 a day. Her recipes have made a big difference for us!
I suggest you check out her site. Many of her recipes will work well with our stockpiling techniques!
Right now I’m cooking one of my favorite frugal meals–chicken with pancetta, apples and baby bellas.
Chop pancetta (bought on sale for $1.49) and heat over medium heat. Add package of sliced baby bellas. ($1 at Meijer last week.) Add 1 chopped apple (.25) and 4 chicken breasts ($2 after discount). Saute till fully cooked. I added 1/2 can evaporated milk to the mixture for a ’sauce’ (free after coupon) and served with a rice/broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment